2013 CASE V Conference – resource page
Thanks for attending our presentation on Marketing and Communication Metrics and ROI. This is a page containing all the resources mentioned in the presentation.
Updated PPT (coming soon!) – check back tonight (12/15)
- I wish I’d Known That!, awesome post about what it takes to be an analyst.
- Excellent Analytics Tips #19: Identify Website Goal [Economic] Values
Channel Groups – Resources:
- New Google Analytics Channel Grouping – from SEER Interactive
- About Channels – Google Analytics Support Page
Multi-channel Funnels and Attribution
- Multi-Channel Attribution Modeling: The Good, Bad and Ugly Models – a great resource that explains, in detail, each attribution model available in Google Analytics.
Regular Expressions (RegEx) Resources:
Lunametrics e-book about RegEx – this is a really great resource for all of us non-developers.
- Dealing With Lots of UTM Tagged URLs – use this to create automated tracking URLs that are standardized. Remember to add your unique ID.
- 10 Google Analytics Segments That Reveal Search Social ROI
- How to Use the New Google Analytics Advanced Segments
- Google Analytics New Segmentation – Justin Cutroni’s blog
- Google Analytics Visitor Segmentation: Users, Sequences, Cohorts!
Setting up demographic information in GA:
There are plug-ins available for popular content management systems, but be careful of their accuracy.
- How to Track Downloads & Outbound Links in Google Analytics – great post from Blastam.com
- Track File Downloads & Outbound Exit Links Automatically
- 10 Google Analytics Custom Events That Track the Untrackable
Google Content Experiments
- Explaining the methodology behind Google Content Experiments – The one-armed bandit approach
- Google Content Experiments – a good or bad feature? – Brian Clifton posts about the pros and cons of GCE’s.
- Optimizely – a different approach to A/B testing, no need for a developer